More and more individuals and businesses are using automatic subtitle generator software. Continue reading if this topic piques your interest. This article will provide 7 of the VERY best subtitle generators that use AI to start making your videos more appealing 🧡
Why you should absolutely add captions to your videos?
Increase reach with captions 🧡
The Algorithm is the king; you are one of its caretakers…
Think of the algorithm as the king of Egypt, and you as the caretaker who nurtures it. By feeding it well and catering to its preferences, you can gain advantages and reap the benefits. The algorithm will naturally boost your videos if you respect its expectations. One of its expectations is to make the content accessible. Hence, adding captions to your videos is the best way to meet the accessibility criteria 👑.
Higher engagement with audio to subtitle tools ⬆️
According to you, what is the main thing people focus on in a video? No eyes anymore! Now, it’s all about your AI-generated subtitles. If your message is clear, concise and interests your audience, you’ll be able to increase the retention rate with captions.
Moreover, mobile videos are often watched without audio 🔇
Some studies conducted on the behavior of mobile video consumption reveal a huge shift in human conduct. Findings indicate that 63% of individuals prefer to have their mobile phones on silent rather than having the sound enabled while viewing videos.
What may come as a surprise is that a significant 75% of people admit to frequently keeping their phones muted even when watching videos. Although the percentages differ across generations (85% for Millennials compared to 64% for Gen X), the pattern remains consistent—there has been a universal change in behavior, with videos being watched more frequently without sound than with it. 🤯
Can you imagine more than 60% of your audience skipping your videos because they don’t enable the sound on their phone? That’s why it is now essential to add auto captions to video.
Less effort when reading captions 💯
People are lazy... You know it, right?
Indeed, because of social media, and especially short form content, they are making less and less effort when it comes to concentrating on a video. One way to make them stick on your video is by creating closed captions. It’s also important to note that the more these subtitles are appealing and trendy, the more your audience will be focused on them 😉
The worldwide subtitle market is growing 🚀
According to “DigitalJournal.com” The worldwide Captions market was assessed at USD 317.07 million in 2022 and is projected to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.17% throughout the forecast period. By 2028, it is anticipated to reach a market size of USD 566.96 million.
What are the 7 best caption generator in 2023 ?
#1 Submagic.co: Best subtitle generator with AI for shorts and reels
Have you ever wondered why these big influencers use trendy and stylish captions like the “Alex Hormozi style”? These colorful and animated subtitles are loved by the viewers. Now, you may say that it should take hours to replicate this type of captions. 🪄
Not anymore. Submagic will take care of it, and in only 2 minutes you’ll be able to download your video with auto-generated captions.
Pricing of Submagic:
- Basic Plan: $20/month for 20 videos/month. Limited to 200MB/video.
- Pro Plan: $50/month for unlimited videos. Limited to 400MB/video. Bonus: AI-Powered auto description with hashtags for your video.
Need more information about the pricing? Click here.
- Perfect for short form videos (Instagram, Youtube, TikTok): This is the greatest tool to automatically add trendy captions. You don’t only find animated subtitles, but animated emojis as well. We all know that this combination is super powerful for shorts videos (1080x1920), and it will certainly increase the engagement on your videos. ✅
- It works in over 48+ languages: This means that with Submagic.co, you are able to generate Japanese subtitles, Italian captions, as well as German subtitles ! ✅
- Fast… very FAST: Create professional videos in less than 5 minutes with this closed caption generator. ✅
- Personalization: You have the choice, and that is probably one of the best features on this platform. Submagic will allow you to add your personal touch as well as your brand essence for your captions style. ✅
- Customer Support: The staff is available 24/24 and will fix your captions issues really fast. Also, they take into account your recommendations and use it to increment on their work. ✅
- Archive: Have an archive for easy access to edited videos. ✅
- Price: Submagic.co will provide you top-notch animated captions that a professional editor could charge you from $20 to $40 for one video depending on their skills. ✅
It should be considered as an investment. Why not give it a try with 10% OFF in your first month? Copy the code "DAVID10" and click here. 🎉
- Internet Dependency: since you must search for Submagic in your browser, you can’t use this subtitle generator tool without having access to the Internet. ❌
- Laptop & PC
Review from customers/ users:
Victor - Trustpilot: "Submagic.co is a revolution in the field of "short" video editing!
The founder and his team have worked tirelessly to produce this AI that goes beyond the realms of possibility.
You can change subtitles, color, emojis, even describe your video and a whole lot more, all in just a few seconds !
Updates are ongoing, and this AI is way ahead of its competitors. One word to the wise: Go for it !"
Joe Fier - Product Hunt: "Submagic makes the process of making reels and captioned videos super simple. My team and I would spend hours and “hack” together captions in DaVinci Resolve and other apps, but never looked great. This will save you time and make you look better! And I love how they keep adding in new caption styles, makes my production look pro!"
#2 Adobe Premiere Pro: Best video editor
The Windows/Mac Subtitles Generator called Adobe Premiere Pro is a well-known video editing software that can function as a tool for generating video captions on both Windows and Mac platforms.
Adobe Premiere Pro provides a large panel of tools for creating, modifying, and exporting captions. To generate subtitles with Premiere Pro, you'll need to first create a video transcript, make necessary edits in the text panel, and then generate captions to incorporate your subtitles into the timeline. Check out our new article to know more about subtitles generation with Premiere Pro.
Pricing of Premiere Pro:
- Montlhy: $28.58/month
- Expert: Used by the majority of professionals. ✅
- Freedom: Great freedom when it comes to personalizing your subtitles. ✅
-Time: It takes time to master Premiere Pro. ❌
-Price: If you look to generate classic captions and not trendy subtitles, it’s probably not the best tool because you would pay $35.99/month/license for things that the TikTok editor can do with the same amount of time. ❌
-Customer support: the staff won’t answer quickly if you have an issue with the software. ❌
- Mac and Windows.
#3 Veed.io: Useful caption generator
VEED is a web-based video editing tool. Among its latest enhancements is an AI-powered feature that enables automatic generation of subtitles and captions from video. You have the option to review and make modifications to the automatically captioned text within the editing interface, and a variety of text styles are available for selection.
Pricing of Veed.io:
- Free Plan: 720P exports with Watermark. Limited to 10 minutes per video. Generation of 30 minutes of subtitles per month.
- Basic Plan: $13 per month for exported video without watermark and in 1080P. Generation of 720 minutes of captions.
- Pro Plan: $22 per month. Up to 1,440 minutes of AI-generated subtitles. Free stock video, templates and audio.
- Business: $58 per month for 4K video exports. Up to 8,000 minutes of subtitles generation. Plus, video analytics and the possibility to add clickable links to your videos.
- User-friendly: Simple and efficient. You don’t have to be an expert in video editing to use Veed.io without losing valuable time. ✅
- Free Plan: you can start using Veed.io for free, with limited features. ✅
- Internet Dependency: You must use your browser tool. Hence, you can’t use this captions generator tool without having access to the Internet. ❌
- Responsiveness: Difficult to use on mobile. ❌
- Any electronic device.
#4 Kapwing: Great caption generator for longer videos
Kapwing is recognized for its amazing auto subtitle generation capabilities, focuses on enhancing video accessibility. Kapwing offers an AI-powered auto subtitle generator that significantly reduces editing time by automatically generating subtitles.
Pricing of Kapwing:
- Free-Forever Plan: Ability to upload, edit, upload your videos with limited features and with the watermark. They also offer Automated video captions.
- Small Team Plan: $20/month. Premium stock videos, templates and audio. Possibility to collaborate with your team (up to 5 members). No Watermark.
- Business Plan: $33/month. Kapwing will generate your videos with pre-made video formats (generally: 1920 pixels x 1080 pixels for Youtube video format OR 1080 pixels x 1920 pixels for TikTok video format)
- Growth: $81/month with the possibility to schedule Reels, Shorts directly from the video editor.
- Free Plan: with limited features (7-minute-video maximum). ✅
- Accessibility: Easily accessible. ✅
- Features: Easy-to-use features. ✅
- Not enough freedom: limited animation and customization tools. ❌
- No archive: doesn’t have an archive for easy access to edited videos. ❌
- Volume adjustment: you can’t adjust the volume of your video. ❌
- Internet Dependency. ❌
- Any electronic device.
#5 Zubtitle: Amazing subtitle editor
Zubtitle effortlessly generates automatic captions for your videos, eliminating the need for manual translation. It offers the flexibility to embed captions into videos of different orientations, including widescreen, square, and vertical formats.
Its automated transcription feature accurately converts the spoken words in your video into timed captions.
Pricing of Zubtitle:
- Bootstrapper Plan: $0/month for a limit of 2 watermarked videos per month.
- Guru Plan: $19/month with all video editor features. Limit of 10 videos per month.
- Agency Plan: $49/month for 30 videos per month.
- Free plan: with limited features (maximum 2 videos per month). ✅
- User-friendly: easy to understand even as a beginner. ✅
- Lack of personalization: limited animation and customization tools. ❌
- Limited videos: No unlimited videos even with the “Agency Plan”. ❌
- Any electronic device.
#6 Mixcaptions: Create your sophisticated subtitles in 1 click
With a simple click, effortlessly incorporate subtitles into your videos. Within minutes, obtain precise and sophisticated video captions. Plus, you have the option to translate your subtitles and generate content to diverse audiences.
Pricing of Mixcaptions:
MixCaptions offers your first video. However you may need to purchase as you go to add captions to other videos.
- Transcribe video for Pros: $9.99
- Business monthly Subscription: $24.99
- Free trial: your first video is free, with limited features (3-minute-video maximum). ✅
- Pay-as-you-go pricing plan. ✅
- Takes effort: this app takes a lot of effort to eventually create the best subtitles for you video (issue with spacing adjustment). ❌
- Any electronic device (available in the Appstore and the Playstore - Apple and Android).
#7 Capcut: Best free editor app for caption generation
CapCut resolves the challenge of automatically adding subtitles to videos by allowing you to effortlessly type or paste your own subtitles.The key advantage is that the created captions are seamlessly synchronized with the video playback, eliminating the need for manual subtitle placement.
Pricing of Capcut:
- Free: they have a paid plan, but you can use the free version without losing the most important features to generate your subtitles.
- Free: subtitles to video without any watermark. ✅
- Natural boost: The TikTok algorithm will naturally boost your videos if you edit on Capcut and export your video directly on TikTok. Why? Capcut is under the ownership of ByteDance,a company that also owns TikTok. They are definitely friends together, and the algorithm will thank you for it. ✅
- User-friendly. ✅
- Slow: it takes time to generate trendy subtitles. If you want to add animations or emojis for your videos, it will require you a certain amount of time. ❌
Rapid overview: Comparison and analysis of our top speech-to-text software
#1 Capcut vs. Premiere Pro vs. Submagic.co
#2 Which AI-generator is the best for my captions? Our final thoughts.
While Capcut and Premiere Pro are video editors, Submagic.co is specialized in generating trendy subtitles for your videos. The type of captions generated in 2 minutes with Submagic.co is done in more than one hour by a professional editor using Premiere Pro.
It saves valuable time. However, a viral video is not only about your captions. It’s about the whole editing process. And, Submagic doesn’t provide at the moment other editing stuff such as transitions, cuts, or smooth zoom effects.
📣 That’s why we suggest taking your videos into new heights with this plan:
First: upload your video on a video editor to edit your video (Capcut or Premiere Pro). Do not generate auto-subtitles at the moment.
Second: export your video in 1080P, and upload it on Submagic.
Eventually: download your video with subtitles (see the "export" button at the top right of your project page.
Thanks to this process, you’ll create your first professional video with subtitles, without spending a lot of time and money on it 🧡